But anyway, this year for Halloween I decided I would finally finish the Witch King helm I started for shits and giggles sometime in the summer.
In case you don't know who the Witch King of Angmar is, (shame on you, you're a bad nerd!) it's this badass lookin' motherfucker:
The helm still isn't finished yet, although IT should be ready by Sunday. And in my usual spirit of biting off more than I can chew, I decided a couple days ago to start the gauntlets too. No chance in hell I'll be getting sabatons or pauldrons done, so I'm not going to bother starting those.
Mostly this is because those gauntlets I mentioned have SEVENTY-SIX pieces between the two of them, not including the gloves I'll be attaching the armor bits to.
Here are some shitty webcam shots (since my camera cannot into batteries) of the gauntlet pieces. Since I'm more or less completely broke everything has been made of old cereal boxes (many thanks to my roommates, who have unwittingly been providing them), Mod Podge (which is win), and masking and electrical tape.
|Some thumb scales lined up all nice-like.|
|The first spray-paint coat on a thumb scale. Wearing the awesomesauce gloves I'm using.|
|The knuckle pieces. The one on the left is the basic cutout, the second has been appropriately sliced, folded, taped, and has a coat of drying Mod Podge.|